+49 (0)711 685-66330
+49 (0)711 685-66965
- Disaster resilience and climate change adaptation for the built environment
- Vulnerability and Risk assessment for cultural heritage and historic cities
- Environmental/Heritage Impact Assessment (EIA/HIA) for urban development
- EU-STORM Project ‘Safeguarding Cultural Heritage through Technical and Organisational Resources Management’ http://www.storm-project.eu/
- De Wit, R., Ravankhah M., Birkmann J. et al. (2017), Safeguarding Cultural Heritage against Climate Change using Regional Climate Projections and Statistical Downscaling, EMS 2017, Vol. 14, in press.
- Ravankhah, M., Schmidt, M. & Will, Th.(2017): Multi-Hazard Disaster Risk Identification for World Cultural Heritage Sites in Seismic Zones, Journal of Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainable Development, Emerald Publishing, Vol 7, 3, pp.272-289. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/abs/10.1108/JCHMSD-09-2015-0032.
- Seyedashrafi, B., Ravankhah, M., Weidner, S., & Schmidt, M. (2017). Applying Heritage Impact Assessment to urban development: World Heritage property of Masjed-e Jame of Isfahan in Iran. Sustainable Cities and Society, Vol. 31, pp.213-224. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2210670716302359
- Ravankhah, M., Chmutina. K., Schmidt, M. & Bosher, L. (2017) : Integration of Cultural Heritage into Disaster Risk Management: Challenges and Opportunities for Increased Disaster Resilience, Going Beyond – Perceptions of Sustainability in Heritage Studies No 2, Springer Publishing. No 2, pp.307-321. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-57165-2_22.
- Ravankhah, M., Schmidt, M. (2016): Earthen architectural heritage in earthquake prone areas: an integrated approach to disaster risk, The Book of Earth Constructions and Tradition, Vienna University of Technology & Institute of Comparative Research in Architecture, Austria. Vol 1, pp.159-166.
- Ravankhah, M. (2015): Disaster Risk Management for Bam and its Cultural Landscape in Iran, 10th UNESCO International Training Course (ITC) on Disaster Risk Management of Cultural Heritage, Kyoto, Kobe and Tohoku area, Japan, 12-28 Sep. 2015, conference proceeding: pp. 52-55.
- Ravankhah, M., Schmidt, M. (2014): Developing Methodology of Disaster Risk Assessment for Cultural Heritage Sites, RDS at 4th International Conference on Building Resilience, incorporating the 3rd Annual Meeting of the ANDROID Disaster Resilience Network, Salford Quays, UK, 8-10 September 2014, conference proceeding: pp. 13-22. http://www.preventionweb.net/english/professional/publications/v.php?id=41475
- Seyedashrafi, B., Mokhtari, E. & Ravankhah, M. (2014): Heritage contribution to post-disaster sustainable development of communities: The case of Bam and its Cultural Landscape, International Conference on Fortified Heritage: Management and Sustainable Development, Spain, Oct 17, 2014, conference proceeding: pp. 869-883.
- Ravankhah, M. (2011): Earthquake Risk Preparedness Plan for Arg-e Bam in Iran, International Conference on Building Resilience: Interdisciplinary approaches to disaster risk reduction, and the development of sustainable communities and cities, International Institute for Infrastructure, Renewal and Reconstruction (IIIRR). iiirr.ucalgary.ca/files/iiirr/235.pdf
|2001-2006||Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering: Faculty of Architecture and Arts, University of Kashan, Kashan, Iran.|
|2007-2011||Master’s degree in Post-disaster Reconstruction: Reconstruction Research Department, Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.|
|2012- present||PhD candidate in Heritage Studies: International Graduate School, Faculty of Architecture,
Civil Engineering and Urban Planning, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, Germany: PhD thesis:
Earthquake Disaster Risk Assessment for Cultural World Heritage sites: the case of Bam and its Cultural Landscape.
|2014-2016||Academic assistant at Chair of Environmental Planning, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg|
|since 2016||Research associate at Institute of Spatial and Regional Planning (IREUS), University of Stuttgart|